We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eastern market

derbyshire
Level Contributor
282 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
eastern market

hi all

how good is it down the market is it really worth a visit sounds good

thanks wendy

7 replies to this topic
Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,166 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eastern market

My view is that it depends upon the season and also upon how familiar you are with similar markets in other cities. If you are asking about this time of year, I would not think it is worth it.

Also, as I am not from Michigan and I am familiar with similar markets elsewhere, I think that the Eastern market is fine, but gets overly hyped by Detroiters.

Edited: 18 March 2017, 06:46
derbyshire
Level Contributor
282 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eastern market

hi were from uk and when in san francisco went to the market thought it was great loved how you could sample the products before you bought anything we will be there in may just seemed a good place to explore

thanks wendy

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
686 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eastern market

I've been to West Side Market in Cleveland, Findlay Market in Cincinnati, Lexington Market in Baltimore and Eastern Market stacks up just fine amongst similar markets in other cities. It's well worth an hour or 2 to check it out along with the sores and restaurants surrounding it

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,166 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eastern market

Wendy, if you will be in Detroit around May 20-21, that would be a great time to visit Eastern Market. Flower Day is always the Sunday after Mother's Day and most vendors put out their flowers and starter vegetable plants on Friday or Saturday. Eastern Market always is very busy on that week-end and there will be lots of speciality foods on offer. Go early.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
13 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eastern market

We've been to markets all over the place and I think Eastern Market is worth a visit for sure! Check out Vivio's, they're known for their bloody marys and the food is pretty good too. There are also several little shops around the market that are worth checking out also. Enjoy your visit!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: eastern market

I'm a Detroiter so I'm biased here-- but we love it. (Though we have traveled elsewhere and love most of those markets too.) There are lots of cute places to grab food and check out antiques. The atmosphere on Saturdays is great. Our friends' work at Stache International on the weekends-- for fun. …eater.com/2015/10/22/9600978/stache-interna…

7. Re: eastern market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 May 2017, 01:05

Reply to: eastern market
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Detroit