We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon in Detroit Restaurant/Bar recommendations?

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
50 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Afternoon in Detroit Restaurant/Bar recommendations?

My husband and I will have one afternoon/evening in Detroit prior to heading to Dearborn for The Henry Ford and Greenfield Village. Any itinerary recommendations? My husband loves cars, so I am thinking we will catch the afternoon tour of the Ford Piquette Ave Plant, but not sure what to do after that. It closes at 4, so maybe would like to visit Corktown or other neighborhood for a walk, then a drink and dinner. Would want casual, but love a great view and good food :). Any recommendations are appreciated! Thanks

Edited: 19 May 2017, 02:08
3 replies to this topic
Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
685 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon in Detroit Restaurant/Bar recommendations?

I would recommend checking out one of the auto baron houses out. Fairlane is in Dearborn but I've never been there and can't tell you anything about it. We liked the Edsel Ford House located in one of the Grosse Points but this is the opposite direction.

The Corktown neighborhood is interesting and has some good restaurants like Slows Barbecue and Mercury Beer Bar. Batch Brewing has good beer, Slows has a great tap list

Coney Dogs, a restaurant in Greektown or Mexicantown are very much Detroit. The Detroit area has the highest population of people from the Middle East in the US and Dearborn is where many now live so there is a lot of good authentic Middle Eastern food

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon in Detroit Restaurant/Bar recommendations?

"Fairlane is in Dearborn but I've never been there and can't tell you anything about it."

Fairlane, the former home of Henry and Clara Ford, is closed for extensive renovations. Here is a link that will give you lots of additional information: http://www.henryfordestate.org

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon in Detroit Restaurant/Bar recommendations?

You could take a walk along the Detroit RiverWalk in the late afternoon, then head to Corktown for dinner afterward. I'll recommend dinner at Ottava Via, then drinks at the Sugar House. While neither have a view, they will offer a very fun experience.

Reply to: Afternoon in Detroit Restaurant/Bar recommendations?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Detroit
Recent Conversations