We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nauti Cat disturbing incounter

Traverse City...
2 posts
Save Topic
Nauti Cat disturbing incounter

I am resident of Traverse City and have been since 1981. The Grand Traverse Bay is popular to everyone who visits and a tranquil, main attraction. The Boardman River is lined with a boardwalk where you can tie down a vessel and walk to stores and eateries Downtown, which two friends and myself did on Saturday the 25th of June, 2011. After dining we proceeded down the Boardman and began to enjoy the music on the Holiday Inn deck from the water. The river current swept us behind the catamaran rental where we were demoralized, ridiculed and threatened with a beating by the “CAPTAIN” . If we agreed, he was willing to meet us on Holiday Inn dock where the Cruise line business resides. We are much too mature for this and did move away from their territory and were still taunted by the “CAPTAIN“. Calling us names like a grade school child would. We were then rammed by the twin pontoon sailboat as they left their den, breaking our navigational lights and chipping the gel coat on the port side of my unprotected and anchored cuddy. Upon ramming my boat a hired crew hand whipped a beer bottle on my deck! You see I have a 25ft Cuddy which is very much smaller that this Cat that cruises, therefore no match. I am peaceful and disagree with acts of violence. I do not want to rate this business, it is not an acceptable contribution to Northern Michigan where people are friendly and welcome each other with open arms. We do not taunt, threaten, or call names or ram other boats. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS LOWGRADE ATTRACTION.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Nauti Cat disturbing incounter

I'm surprised that if 46 people were in danger that the sheriff wasn't called. It does help to hear both sides, and it sounds like tempers were flaring. As they say there's usually three sides to a story.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Nauti Cat disturbing incounter

Good reply, Rono. :)

Traverse City...
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Nauti Cat disturbing incounter

I had a charter last night and was dropping my passengers off at The Apache Trout Grill and I spoke with the owner of "Bad Habit". From the smell and speach I could tell he was again drunk. I did try and call the sherif'f's department. By the time they arrived he had moved near the Tall Ship Manitou where he again anchor in a resticted area 100ft from a commerical refueling dock. "Bad Habit" might want to rename his boat "Bad News".

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,328 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Nauti Cat disturbing incounter

tev, we're planning on visiting the area so I was checking the posts. This is rather interesting, I haven't come across this type of discussion either. The comment was made "two side to every story", I usually say there are three sides, as this kind of shows but it seems we're getting a more accurate picture now. Don't worry, this won't deter us from visiting the area.

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Nauti Cat disturbing incounter

I've got the popcorn ready. I sure hope this thread doesn't fizzle out.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Nauti Cat disturbing incounter

It fizzled out.....darn.

Edited: 03 October 2011, 00:37
17. Re: Nauti Cat disturbing incounter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Traverse City