We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best fall colors and view from wineries

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
289 posts
334 reviews
Save Topic
Best fall colors and view from wineries

Hi. I'll be in TC in 2 weeks and want to take advantage of the fall colors. I saw a photo online that seems to be of empire bluffs, but I can't figure out where I can get the view from. can anyone help me? the photo is here: …fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/…

In addition, we're doing some wine tasting. Which vineyards are the best for landscaping and views - I've seen some in Leland, Suttons Bay, and Mission Peninsula but which are best for views/fall colors?

thanks!!

Traverse City Tours LLC
Wineries & Vineyards, Sightseeing Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Bar, Club & Pub Tours
Traverse City Wine And Beer Tours
Beer Tastings & Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Private Tours
Traverse Bay Tours
Beer Tastings & Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Grand Traverse Tours
Beer Tastings & Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Private Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Distillery Tours
michigan
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best fall colors and view from wineries

Not sure about the fall colors but i'd say best views are Chatau Chantal on Mission, Willow and Leelanau Cellars on the Leelanua side.

Oakland County...
Level Contributor
257 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best fall colors and view from wineries

Chateau Grand Traverse has an amazing view. My personal favorite in both view and wine tastings.

Chatau Chantal and 2 Lads also have very nice views.

Just a side note.... If you make it up to Mackinaw City, take the extra trip over the bridge and take a side trip to Castle Rock. The views from the top are absolutely incredible. You can see the color changes for miles around. Tunnel of Leaves is also a cool drive if you are up near Mackinaw or Harbor Springs at all.

3. Re: Best fall colors and view from wineries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 20:19