We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old ban ban bar

Troon, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Old ban ban bar

Hi, was last in the village in april and noticed the bar at the top of the steps from the big square was being refurbished. It used to be cakled ban ban , or something like that. It was an old place that changed a few years ago to a bistro type.

Just wondering if its now finished and what it is.

Thanks.

8 replies to this topic
scotland
Level Contributor
16,266 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old ban ban bar

It was a good old traditional Spanish place , then became Bana Bana Café ,Im not sure if its still the same or has been refurbished https://banabanacafe.wordpress.com/menu/

Troon, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old ban ban bar

Hi, thanks, yeah I was in it when it became the cafe/bistro, preferred the traditional bar. It was in middle of getting done up in April this year and wondered what it is now.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,536 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old ban ban bar

I have a feeling it was (or still is) owned by the people who run The Aroma Cafe/Secret Garden and Meninguez up in Calle San Sebastian.

Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old ban ban bar

I was in Mijas last week, the bar is still being refurbished, along with the handbag shop next door. Looks a long way off from being completed.

I'm back again in November, I may be able to give an update then.

Troon, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old ban ban bar

Thanks for replies. Will be back in village in september, but knowing the way things are , I dont expect the bar to be finished. Plenty others. ;-)

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,536 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old ban ban bar

I'll be there in Feria week so will check it out too :). Definitely eating in the Secret Garden and Meninguez :)

Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old ban ban bar

Just back again from Mijas. Looks like work on bar is near completion , newspaper covering all doors and windows though. Hope to have more next time I visit in the spring. The old handbag and suitcase shop next door is now an Ale Hop shop, a chain I think.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,536 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Old ban ban bar

Yes, the ban ban was covered in newspapers etc when I was there in September. Absolutely love the Ale Hop shop, saw them first in Tenerife and think they are great fun and reasonably priced.

Reply to: Old ban ban bar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mijas Pueblo