We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running and Brew Pub

arkansas
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Topic
Running and Brew Pub

Hey guys -

Coming in town for work and staying by the airport.

I am looking for recommendations on where is a good place to run and also recommended brew pub.

Any other thoughts for casual outing after hours?

Thanks!

hotsprings

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
554 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Running and Brew Pub

What time of year, and will you have a vehicle to drive?

arkansas
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Running and Brew Pub

I am coming in the first week in May - and will have car. Thanks!

Edited: 16 March 2016, 04:13
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
554 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Running and Brew Pub

Kansas City is picking up the pace on Craft Brewery. Here are a few suggestions more in North Kansas City area. If you are willing to drive in downtown KC, there are a bunch more.

www.cinderblockbrewery.com

rockandrunbrewery.com

As always, beer is so subjective. I hope this helps!

Sandy

Independence...
Level Contributor
132 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Running and Brew Pub

The running part of your question depends on where you're staying. There are several trails around the city. If you are in the middle of town, the Trolley Trail is a nice place to run. It's about 10 miles long.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
39 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Running and Brew Pub

Cinder Block Brewery and Big Rip Brewing are my favorites are not too far from the airport (15 minutes). Cinder Block also has group runs the first Tuesdays of the month at 6pm for free.

While it isn't necessarily the most exciting, the Charles B. Wheeler downtown airport is a 4ish mile loop and close to those 2 breweries. You can see some great views of downtown and while there isn't a designated sidewalk, tons of runners and bikers work out here and cars are very limited.

Another option is also Richard L Berkley Riverfront Park. It is along the Missouri River and while the trail is short, it will have good views too.

6. Re: Running and Brew Pub

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2017, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Kansas City