We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to get to Kauffman Stadium from Dtown

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
70 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest way to get to Kauffman Stadium from Dtown

Pretty much what the title says. Planning on being in KC for the last game for the Royals and haven't been able to find much. Cost is most important. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

USA
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest way to get to Kauffman Stadium from Dtown

It will depend on time and day of the week - but have you plugged in your endpoints to Google Transit (on the web or via app) or Moovit (app)? They will tell you every potential transit option for any time of day for any day of the week -- all with detailed instructions, departure and arrival times, and waits between transfers. A day pass would be $3 and would likely involve at least two buses, a little walking, and about an hour of travel time.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
70 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest way to get to Kauffman Stadium from Dtown

Yep, I'll always Google things myself first. Just wanted to confirm what Google was telling me are my best options since I assume lots of people are coming for games from the dtown area so the transfers and walking doesn't seem ideal. But if that's what I gotta do, then so be it. Thanks!

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Kansas City
Level Contributor
583 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest way to get to Kauffman Stadium from Dtown

Not sure if you have ever rode Uber before but you can use this promo code https://www.uber.com/invite/ntjhu to take your first ride and you will get 20 bucks off, if you are coming from Downtown the ride would be free. Then what you can do is give that promo code to someone else who has never ridden uber before and there ride will be free as well, you can use that free 20 off to take care of the return part of the trip.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
70 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest way to get to Kauffman Stadium from Dtown

Yes I have. Many times. Just trying to be as cheap as possible and spend more on drinks and food.

5. Re: Cheapest way to get to Kauffman Stadium from Dtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2017, 12:16