We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friday, April 11th Events

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
35 posts
196 reviews
Save Topic
Friday, April 11th Events

I am coming to town on Friday, April 11th for the Billy Joel concert at the Scottrade Center. I am staying at the Hilton by Busch Stadium. How crazy will it be in that area? I think I will be getting in to town at 4:00ish and want to grab a bite to eat before the show. I believe the game starts at 7:00 but the concert won't start until 8:00.

I don't want to have to drive anywhere once we arrive. That's why we are staying close to the venue.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

THANK!

Mentioned in this post
Billy G's
Billy G's
287 Reviews
Kirkwood, MO
Scottrade Center
Scottrade Center
307 Reviews
Saint Louis, MO
Busch Stadium
Busch Stadium
4,390 Reviews
Saint Louis, MO
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
22,155 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Friday, April 11th Events

We were downtown near Busch stadium yesterday afternoon about 3:30pm. There were some people headed to the new Baseball Village area, but it wasn't crazy. When we came back at 6:30, very busy in the area. We didn't go into any restaurants, but I expect Friday will be busier as the big rival Cubs will be in town

Mentioned in this post
Busch Stadium
Busch Stadium
4,390 Reviews
Saint Louis, MO
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
35 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Friday, April 11th Events

Go Cubs!

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,951 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Friday, April 11th Events

After the game starts, the crowds will obviously die down and you should have no problem getting into a place like Flying Saucer or Joe Bucks for a bite. I'm thinking Ballpark Village will still be packed with people who want to watch the game on the big screen.

People are generally welcoming to Cubs fans from my experience, That might not be the case as much in a couple of years when their young guys start making waves in the majors.

Mentioned in this post
St. Louis Ballpark Village
St. Louis Ballpark...
329 Reviews
Saint Louis, MO
4. Re: Friday, April 11th Events

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 13:17