We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Red lodge

Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
3 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Red lodge

Hi, how far can I get to for a decent day trip from Red Lodge?

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
24,539 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Red lodge

Oh, OK, I just posted on your other thread. I see you are planning to do day trips. You do need to be back to Red Lodge before dark as there are lots of animals on the road.

You could consider Cody to see the Buffalo Bill Center of the West 5-museum complex. If you drive via Belfry MT instead of over Beartooth you can get there in a little over an hour.

You could consider driving to Little Bighorn National Battlefield if you have an interest in Native American History.

www.nps.gov/libi

Near Billings - Pompey's Pillar

https:/…POMPEYSPILLAR_NM.html

Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
3 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Red lodge

Hi thanks for both responses. I realised 8 days is a long time in Red Lodge, it's a huge family reunion thing, then we're off to do lots more travelling in Yellowstone/Black Hills/ etc, so thanks for the info. If we did the rodeo in Cody one evening could we safely drive back to Red Lodge via the highway at night or is it too dangerous with the animals? Planning the whole trip this weekend so thanks again for your help.

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
24,539 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Red lodge

No, I would not drive from Cody back to Red Lodge in the dark. If you are going to do the rodeo I would spend the night in Cody.

A family reunion makes more sense!

Have a wonderful time!

4. Re: Day trips from Red lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2018, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Red Lodge