We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cornhusker Marriott

US
Level Contributor
206 posts
24 reviews
Cornhusker Marriott

Hello,

Do you recommend the Cornhusker Marriott? I am taking a roadtrip, and Lincoln will be one of the stops along the way. Is the Cornhusker Marriott better than the Embassy Suites? I generally like to stay at full- service hotels, so I am sticking to either the Marriott or Embassy Suites. I do not want to stay at the Holiday Inn.

Can someone please tell me the backstory history of the Cornhusker Hotel turning into a Marriott? Was this property a Marriott a few years ago, lost the Marriott name, and got affiliated with Marriott again?

Edited: 13 December 2014, 12:00
Lincoln, NE
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
702 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: Cornhusker Marriott

Yes, you have the history of the Cornhusker Marriott right. They recently remodeled, but find it strange that the beds or just double or king. There is another Marriott in the Haymarket area. Both Marriotts and Embassy don't have free internet in the rooms. From my phone calls, the parking at the Marriott in the Haymarket appears to be cheaper if you plan on leaving more than once during your stay. If you stay here, make sure to ask them about parking charges. We haven't stayed at any of these hotels, just been in the public areas.

US
Level Contributor
206 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Cornhusker Marriott

So, was the Cornhusker a Marriott a long time ago?

USA
Level Contributor
7,138 posts
257 reviews
3. Re: Cornhusker Marriott

A TripAdvisor review from December 2012 states, "The property is now officially a Marriott property..." tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g45667-d1147…

Lincoln, NE
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
702 posts
53 reviews
4. Re: Cornhusker Marriott

Yes, the Cornhusker was a Marriott, lost the Marriott name, and now it is again a Marriott.

Lincoln, NE
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
702 posts
53 reviews
5. Re: Cornhusker Marriott

Now, there are 2 Marriott hotels in the downtown area, the Cornhusker and one in the Haymarket.

US
Level Contributor
206 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Cornhusker Marriott

Does anyone know why the Cornhusker originally lost the Marriott name? Was it due to poor performance? Is there any need for concern that it lost the Marriott name in the past? As I want to stay only at full- service properties, I am not interested in Courtyard by Marriott hotels.

Lincoln, NE
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
702 posts
53 reviews
7. Re: Cornhusker Marriott

They had severe poor performance which caused a terrible financial situation.

US
Level Contributor
206 posts
24 reviews
8. Re: Cornhusker Marriott

Does this mean it is a bad hotel?

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
7,164 posts
63 reviews
9. Re: Cornhusker Marriott

No, that means it was, at one time, not performing up to par with Marriott standards. Since they are once again a Marriott, I would expect the standard Marriott experience. I have not stayed, but would consider it the next time I'm in the area.

Edited: 19 December 2014, 02:35
Nebraska, United...
Level Contributor
496 posts
24 reviews
10. Re: Cornhusker Marriott

The Cornhusker is really nice, but I prefer the Embassy. I think it has nicer beds, and is closer to the Haymarket.

Get answers to your questions about Lincoln
Recent Conversations
More Lincoln Topics