We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Lincoln

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
One day in Lincoln

I will have one day free to do something in Lincoln with my 18 &13 year old sons. Any suggestions on what to do or see that will entertain them?

Pender, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1 post
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in Lincoln

A free tour of the Capitol building is well worth it. Lots of art work adorns the walls and floors. The view from the 14th floor gives you a panoramic of the city.

Morrill Hall in the campus of the University of Nebraska is one of my favorites.

Level Contributor
1,876 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in Lincoln

If they are into sports a tour of the football stadium might be cool.

Lincoln, NE
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
685 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in Lincoln

If you are in Lincoln M-F, they might enjoy the Museum of American Speed.GPS: 599 Oak Creek Drive

Lincoln, NE 68528 They are open noon-4:30 for open touring. Also, they have with guided tours at 1. There is a tractor museum on east campus and then stop for ice cream at the dairy store. You could go to a Saltdogs baseball game or a Husker game, if you are here on the days they have home games.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day in Lincoln

I don't know if your sons would enjoy it but I loved the tour of the Capitol building! I had no idea that Nebraska was the only state that went to a unicameral legislature during the Great Depression and is still that way today. The architecture, murals and that view at the top are well worth it. Plus, our tour guide was very good at answering questions and had a great sense of humor.

Edited: 01 September 2015, 20:22
5. Re: One day in Lincoln

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2017, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Lincoln
Recent Conversations
More Lincoln Topics