We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few random travel questions for Lincoln

USA
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
A few random travel questions for Lincoln

I'll be visiting Lincoln on the last night of a road trip. Wont' have much time to sightsee, but would like to see a thing or two before moving on.

How long is the capitol tour?

What's parking like on the university campus in June?

Due to limited time and the sights I want to see, I'm wanting to stay in the downtown area (so I won't have to move the car once I arrive) , but hotel choices seem VERY limited, even though I'm willing to blow the budget a bit on this last night. Cornhusker has no rooms. Townhouse Extended Stay gets terrible reviews. Is the Haymarket area a reasonable choice? (I'm looking at the Courtyard.)

Mentioned in this post
Lincoln
Lincoln
Nebraska
Grand Island...
Level Contributor
169 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few random travel questions for Lincoln

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn many times and have been able to walk all over, usually abit lower price than the others and they have their own parking garage. Stayed once at Courtyard was fine right in the middle of everything. Have been at the Embassy Suites a couple times, still walk-able distance and they may have a shuttle.

Hope someone else chimes in soon on your other questions! :)

USA
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few random travel questions for Lincoln

To update the question -- I decided that there is enough of interest to see and do in Lincoln that I squeezed another day into the trip. So I'll be spending a full day, and am staying at Roger's House B&B.

I also found in on campus parking.

I'd still like to know how long the Capitol tour is ....

Mentioned in this post
Lincoln
Lincoln
Nebraska
Lincoln, NE
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
685 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few random travel questions for Lincoln

The tours last about 45 minutes.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
15 posts
428 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few random travel questions for Lincoln

The tour is 30-45 minutes. Well worth the time. If you have time to visit the Haymarket, it has a lot to offer.

5. Re: A few random travel questions for Lincoln

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2017, 11:15
Get answers to your questions about Lincoln
Recent Conversations
More Lincoln Topics