We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
113 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Parking

If we stayed a little way out of the port area and drove down to the port how difficult would it be to find a place to park? We will coming in May on a Tuesday and are trying to decide if we want to pay the higher prices in town for a hotel of further out in a less expensive B&B. Thank you and am excited about our East Coast trip.

NH
Level Contributor
3,670 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking

When you say "the port" I am assuming you are talking about the waterfront. Portsmouth is a great little walking town.

There is not much on street parking but there is a parking garage.

May is not high season so I would think that there would be available spaces to park in the parking garage.

Mentioned in this post
Portsmouth
Portsmouth
New Hampshire
North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking

Note also that the rates for the parking garage are very inexpensive (plus some shops and restaurants validate the garage ticket).

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
113 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking

Thanks to both of you and good to know. :)

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking

And, there is a lot of street parking, but it is well used. Takes a bit of patience and luck circling the streets, but I almost always get a spot sithin about 5-10 minutes. On the other hand, given the choice, I would stay in town. I love be ing somewhere that I can walk right out the door and be in such a walkable, vibrant area. Question is always cost difference.

5. Re: Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 13:20