We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Residence InnDowntown or Best Western Plus Wynward

westminster ma
Level Contributor
121 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Residence InnDowntown or Best Western Plus Wynward

Hello, wondering if anyone can give me any feed back on these two hotels .. I know the Residence inn is in downtown but it is also $100 more than the Best Western.. just how far is the Best Western to the downtown area. Not sure which one to stay at.. Any info would be very helpful..Thank you in advance

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Residence InnDowntown or Best Western Plus Wynward

Neither is really walking distance to downtown....the Hilton Garden Inn is in a better location than both.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,675 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Residence InnDowntown or Best Western Plus Wynward

I see it's your anniversary. For a special treat, you might want to consider Wentworth by the Sea in New Castle. It's about a 10-minute drive from downtown Portsmouth--also has the dinner with a water view you were asking about in your other thread.

If you want to stay in downtown Portsmouth, fine, it's a great place. I can't comment on the hotels there, though.

Mentioned in this post
Portsmouth
Portsmouth
New Hampshire
westminster ma
Level Contributor
121 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Residence InnDowntown or Best Western Plus Wynward

thank you for the response

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Residence InnDowntown or Best Western Plus Wynward

Sorry, I really didn't answer your question...The Residents Inn is near the old Air Force base...there are some restaurants in the vicinity, but kind of off in its own little world.....the Best Western is on the Portsmouth circle....kind of a busy stretch of road and right off the highway. As I said, neither is within walking distance to the downtown area, with the Best Western being closer. I'm a fan of Residents Inn, because they include a buffet breakfast, and have kitchenettes....with that said, I have not stayed at either on of these places you mentioned.

Mentioned in this post
Portsmouth
Portsmouth
New Hampshire
westminster ma
Level Contributor
121 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Residence InnDowntown or Best Western Plus Wynward

Hello Mcamp , we are here at the residence inn, nice hotel and only 2 blocks from downtown. Was lucky to get in seeing that it was a last minute booking..

westminster ma
Level Contributor
121 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Residence InnDowntown or Best Western Plus Wynward

Residence inn hilton and Sheraton all next door to each other

Portsmouth, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Residence InnDowntown or Best Western Plus Wynward

Portsmouth is a great small city that surges in the summer due to its charm and New England location. The Best Western is on the outskirts, not a bad neighborhood but there is nothing there but Highway. That's why the "downtown"location costs so much more. It's worth the extra money if you really want the "Portsmouth Experience".

Mentioned in this post
Portsmouth
Portsmouth
New Hampshire
New England
New England
United States
Portsmouth, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Residence InnDowntown or Best Western Plus Wynward

The Residence Inn Downtown is really the Courtyard........The Residence Inn at Pease is the old Air Force Base and way out of town

9. Re: Residence InnDowntown or Best Western Plus Wynward

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 12:17