We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water/Sand / shorline

Fairfax, Virginia
2 posts
Save Topic
Water/Sand / shorline

What is the actual shoreline/water entry like at Beach Haven? We have spent time at Point Pleasant and it's very challenging/dangerous for elementary aged kids given the steep slope of the shoreline. We're looking for a more flat/less sloped beach where water and sand meet?

Mentioned in this post
Point Pleasant Beach
Point Pleasant Beach
Jersey Shore, NJ
4 replies to this topic
Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
4,171 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water/Sand / shorline

I can't comment on the beaches in Point or Beach Haven, but I do know that many conditions affect the slope of the sand. Storms, tides, wind, weather and season. My local beach always has better access at low tide.

Edited: 03 September 2017, 22:45
New Jersey
Level Contributor
591 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water/Sand / shorline

As mentioned by Mary low tide is best. Most area beaches don't usually have major slope issues but a couple weeks back we had a tropical storm pass that churned things up and left some sandy slopes and drop offs that weren't there before. Ran into that issue at Sandy Hook two weeks ago.

One good spot is the southern end of Avon by the Sea. Just before the inlet bridge there's a little 'cove' area formed by the left turning jetty that makes a nice relatively calm area regarding waves and sand entry. Great for younger kids. I like it too. 😎

Fairfax, Virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Water/Sand / shorline

Thank you for the reply!

Chalfont...
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water/Sand / shorline

I second avon by the sea/and or belmar for that reason. Beach Haven's entry is nice usually. We were there a couole weeks ago and no slope although the next day the wind was insane and the sand dropped off by the water

Reply to: Water/Sand / shorline
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Beach Haven