We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confusion on Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza and Ramada at EWR

JSN
san francisco
Level Contributor
362 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Confusion on Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza and Ramada at EWR

The EWR Holiday Inn has been a favorite of mine for a long time. It's tatty but the staff was always nice and I loved that little shop in the lobby for coffee and goodies. Quiet too with a nice airport view. I haven't been overnight at Newark for awhile. I tried to book my ol' fave Holiday Inn but it seems to be gone, so I booked the Crowne Plaza (I'm a platinum priority person) which has TERRIBLE reviews.

Is the Crowne Plaza on Elizabeth Street my old Holiday Inn? Or was it the Sheraton? Is the Ramada my old Holiday Inn? I just can't tell from the pictures, since I was always on the hotel shuttle and didn't pay any attention.

Shall I just give up and book the Hilton? I stopped staying there because the front desk people were so rude they ruined my day every time. Anybody know what's going on out there at EWR?

Mentioned in this post
Newark
Newark
New Jersey
The Plaza
The Plaza
2,616 Reviews
New York City, NY
Elizabeth Street
Elizabeth Street
33 Reviews
New York City, NY
West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
12,397 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confusion on Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza and Ramada at EWR

The old holiday in is now the Ramada. I allways reccomrnd the wyndham at EWR.

JSN
san francisco
Level Contributor
362 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confusion on Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza and Ramada at EWR

Thanks so much. I've got the loyalty thing going with Hilton and InterContinental, so they're always my first choice. I'll report back on the big bad Crowne Plaza .... unless more terrible reviews appear. Since I have NEVER had a bad experience with CP, I'm not too worried.

Mentioned in this post
The Plaza
The Plaza
2,616 Reviews
New York City, NY
3. Re: Confusion on Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza and Ramada at EWR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2010, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Elizabeth