We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels Elizaberth

Connecticut
Level Contributor
24 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
hotels Elizaberth

Any opinions on Marriott Courtyard vs. Country Inn and Suites near Newark. Main objectives: clean. good shuttle, quiet and food.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,578 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels Elizaberth

Before commenting, what is the purpose of your visit? If to visit NYC then it's a bad choice.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
24 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels Elizaberth

overnight-plane next morning.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,578 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels Elizaberth

Unfortunately, then, I can't say I know either hotel, never having had a reason to stay there. That said, I don't think those brands have restaraunts and there isn't much in the general area of the airport so if you're looking for some place to eat I and you don't want to drive into Newark's Ironbound section (which has very good Spanish and Portuguese food) then plan on driving to some nearby full service hotel (eg, a regular mariott)

Edited: 01 October 2013, 23:35
NJ
Level Contributor
861 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels Elizaberth

If they are the ones out by Jersey Gardens Mall, they are just fine. Clean & great for a 1 night stay before flying. I think all the properties have AP shuttles. They don't all have bars or restaurants but you can walk over to the mall.

If they are on Routes 1 & 9 be careful. That is a very industrial area & not so nice.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels Elizaberth

There is a ihop and a Rubys tuesday both within walking distance of the hotels, and their is a mall across the street with an applebees., jonny rockets and a food court. Neither hotel has a full service retsuraunt in it as far as I know. The Country suites offers a free breakfast. the courtyard does not as far as I know. There is also a residence inn across from the Courtyard that does offer a free breakfast

The court yard is a typical one and the country suites is on a simliar par

6. Re: hotels Elizaberth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2017, 10:15