We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jackson NH to Acadia- Bar Harbor

Markleville, Indiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Jackson NH to Acadia- Bar Harbor

We are going to be traveling from Jackson to Bar Harbor Sept 16th. We want to see the Maine coast and will be spending a few days visiting Acadia and Bar Harbor. We have to travel back to home to Indiana at the end of our trip.

My question is: Do we drive up the coast on our way to Bar Harbor from Jackson NH or head straight to Bar Harbor and then drive down the coast on our way home.

Will be heading back home on the 21st or 22nd.

So we are still open to suggestions on where to visit and stay when we leave Jackson.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Maine
United States
Acadia National Park
Acadia National Park
Mount Desert Island, ME
Bar Harbor
Bar Harbor
Mount Desert Island, ME
Jackson
Jackson
White Mountains, NH
1 reply
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jackson NH to Acadia- Bar Harbor

Sept 16 - drive from Jackson to Bar Harbor (inland all the way, if you are doing this in one day, any other way will be just detouring.

How many days are you staying in Bar Harbor? Its recommended to stay at least 2 full days (3 nights), but more is better!

Sept 17, 18 - Acadia

Sept 19 - start drive south, through Camden, Rockland, overnight in Boothbay Harbor.

Sept 20 - head south, stop in Portland for lunch, visit Portland head Light and Cape Elizabeth, continue on to Kennbunkport or Ogunquit for overnight.

Mentioned in this post
Bar Harbor
Bar Harbor
Mount Desert Island, ME
Acadia National Park
Acadia National Park
Mount Desert Island, ME
Camden
Camden
Mid Coast Maine, ME
Rockland
Rockland