We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

houses to rent in Red River

Oklahoma
1 post
Save Topic
houses to rent in Red River

I think it is a shame that you can not find nice houses in Red River, New Mexico to rent for vacations that will allow pets. We have a corgi that is well trained, but when I look for houses to rent in Red River, it always says "NO PETS".

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: houses to rent in Red River

As an owner of a vacation property, I have to respond that you can't imagine the damage pets can do. An owner has no way to know if a pet is actually well trained; everyone says his pet is, but many aren't. In addition, many renters are alergic to pet dander and having had a pet in the rental recently causes those people either not to rent or to have great discomfort.

Just wanted to give the "rest of the story."

Hawkins, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: houses to rent in Red River

RIO COLORADO Lodge allows pets. No, they aren't a "vacation rental" house, but they have cabins that are well maintained. They have several three and two bedroom cabins. The management at Rio Colorado is very friendly. We have been going to Red River since 1979 and this is still our favorite place to stay. We have stayed at properties managed by: Reservations Unlimited, Bandana Properties and Red River properties. Yes, these rentals are very nice and some quite pricey. Rio Colorado allows our pet and my kids at a VERY reasonable rate.

elkhart
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: houses to rent in Red River

I am also a pet owner/lover but would never take my pet to another's home. Guess that's how I feel about someone bringing pets to my vacation rental home in Red River. But the main reason we don't allow pets is due to allergy sufferers. All the vacuuming in the world doesn't remove all pet hair and dander and for those who are allergic to animals, staying after a pet has inhabited a residence can be most unpleasant. I've witnessed people who claim their pets are "well trained and obedient" let their pets jump on the furniture in our rental which is why we absolutely do not allow pets any more - leave them home - this is my 2nd home and we don't allow our own pets inside so why would we want a stranger's???

Texas
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: houses to rent in Red River

Yes, we feel sad that The Rio Colorado is one of the few Family Friendly places to stay in Red River! The Tall Pines Resort also allows pets, and so now each year we go to these two places, and we recommend both. The Tall Pines is less than 5 miles away from Rio Colorado, and it is more secluded.

We have 3 sons ( two are teens), and we also have a great little mini-dachshund that we consider part of the family. He's short-haired( no shedding) and quite well-behaved. We have left him only once...with my mother for 2 days to attend a wedding, and he was dejected and miserable, and stopped eating! So to the person who wrote,"leave your pets at home,"I say no thank you! Santa Fe is much more progressive and understanding in regard to accomodating families with pets, and has a large variety of pet friendly family rentals. We will give our business, support and endorsements to these places in New Mexico ~

Robin/ proud dachshund owner and Red River lover!

Red River, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: houses to rent in Red River

I'm a Red River resident, and I can tell you that there are eight places total in town that cater to guests with pets. I work for two of them, The Arrowhead Lodge, a motel, and Heart & Soul Lodging, which offers two private vacation homes for rent (neither business charges a pet fee). The Best Western and Terrace Towers also accomodate pets, for an added fee. I can't recall the others right now, but you can call the Chamber of Commerce for the other locations that accept pets 1 800 348 6444

6. Re: houses to rent in Red River

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2010, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Red River