We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the UFO Festival worth a 3 day trip there?

amarillo, tx
2 posts
Save Topic
Is the UFO Festival worth a 3 day trip there?

I'm just curious because my best friend and I have been planning on going to this years festival since March and I've been having doubts lately. Is it worth the trip? We are driving from Amarillo, TX which isn't more than a 4 hour drive. But is it worth the time and money from hotels and such to go to? I just wanna know so in case it isn't all that, we can cancel and do something else.

Mentioned in this post
4 replies to this topic
Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the UFO Festival worth a 3 day trip there?

The fact that you are having doubts is probably an indicator that you shouldn't bother. Or use 1 day of your 3 day trip for the festival and spend 2 other days doing something else, like Carlsbad Caverns, or what not.

That said, everyone's ideas and values regarding the "alien landing" are different. If you are a UFO/Alien enthusiast, then your opinion of the festival may be vastly different than others.

I think the majority of the people that post on these NM forums view Roswell as kind of a tourist trap, a joke of a destination. I have been there and it's mainly cheap "tours" (I use quotes b/c no one officially knows anything so you are paying to look at dirt and trees) and the "museums" are shanty at best.

If you go to the festival, surely the highlight will be meeting people who have the same enthusiasm about the idea and topic as you do, which in of itself may make it worth it.

Hard to answer for you, sorry, other than go with your gut. Or as I mentioned, plan your 3 day trip with flexibility to do 1 or 2 days at the festival and something else you would enjoy other days if it is a bust.

Edited: 12 June 2018, 03:39
Mentioned in this post
Carlsbad
Carlsbad
California
Roswell UFO Tours
Roswell UFO Tours
240 Reviews
Roswell, NM
Roswell
Roswell
New Mexico
Roswell, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the UFO Festival worth a 3 day trip there?

I think it is worth the trip. But if you can only come one day, Saturday would be the day as most of the great events are on that day. Friday and Saturday are the best days to attend. Be sure to get a passport and when you get stamps you receive a free swag bag of collectibles from the event.

amarillo, tx
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the UFO Festival worth a 3 day trip there?

Well my friend and I are big when it comes to aliens. the supernatural and many urban legends. She's been looking forward to this for a long time. But I just wanted to see if it was worth it myself. While it looks fun, I couldn't help be have second guess about it.

But thank you for clearing that up.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,244 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the UFO Festival worth a 3 day trip there?

Lodging will, be limited & expensive ... Happy trails ... carracar

Reply to: Is the UFO Festival worth a 3 day trip there?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Roswell