We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Placid, Birthday Trip

Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lake Placid, Birthday Trip

Hello All,

I am thinking of taking my wife away to Lake Placid for a weekend on her birthday.

We are from Toronto, wanting to get out of Toronto, I thought it would offer a nice change in scenery within a reasonable distance from home.

I have been to LP once before, but as a teen and it was for a hockey tourney and didnt get to see much. All I remember is that it was beautiful.

My question is, for an outgoing couple looking to see and do, is this a good pick? I am sure there is a lot to see sporting wise, but how about shopping, attractions etc.

Any reccomendations as to sights, accomodations, food would be great! Thanks!

Just Bead It
Gift & Speciality Shops
Pure Placid
Gift & Speciality Shops, Farmers Markets
Lake Placid, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Placid, Birthday Trip

Lake Placid is a great place for shopping and dining. They have much more than sporting activities. The main street is lined with a mixture of clothing outlets and boutiques. There are more restaurants here than in most town double the size. If you're looking for a great casual meal then I suggest Lisa G's, just south of Main Street. It's very popular with the locals and delicious. If you're looking for a special birthday dinner, try Cafe Rustica. It's authentic Northern Italian (no chicken parm on the menu here) and is delicious!

Wilmington, New York
Level Contributor
196 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Placid, Birthday Trip

For a really special birthday dinner, I'd suggest the Interlaken. It's behind the Mirror Lake Inn, and a little pricey, but very intimate and the food is excellent. It's also a B&B, but I have no idea what that part is like.

I live in the Lake Placid area, and it's the place I choose every year for my birthday!

3. Re: Lake Placid, Birthday Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2010, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Lake Placid