We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Placid, Birthday Trip

Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lake Placid, Birthday Trip

Hello All,

I am thinking of taking my wife away to Lake Placid for a weekend on her birthday.

We are from Toronto, wanting to get out of Toronto, I thought it would offer a nice change in scenery within a reasonable distance from home.

I have been to LP once before, but as a teen and it was for a hockey tourney and didnt get to see much. All I remember is that it was beautiful.

My question is, for an outgoing couple looking to see and do, is this a good pick? I am sure there is a lot to see sporting wise, but how about shopping, attractions etc.

Any reccomendations as to sights, accomodations, food would be great! Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Lake Placid, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Placid, Birthday Trip

Lake Placid is a great place for shopping and dining. They have much more than sporting activities. The main street is lined with a mixture of clothing outlets and boutiques. There are more restaurants here than in most town double the size. If you're looking for a great casual meal then I suggest Lisa G's, just south of Main Street. It's very popular with the locals and delicious. If you're looking for a special birthday dinner, try Cafe Rustica. It's authentic Northern Italian (no chicken parm on the menu here) and is delicious!

Mentioned in this post
Lisa G's
Lisa G's
888 Reviews
Lake Placid, NY
Wilmington, New York
Level Contributor
196 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Placid, Birthday Trip

For a really special birthday dinner, I'd suggest the Interlaken. It's behind the Mirror Lake Inn, and a little pricey, but very intimate and the food is excellent. It's also a B&B, but I have no idea what that part is like.

I live in the Lake Placid area, and it's the place I choose every year for my birthday!

Mentioned in this post
Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa
Mirror Lake Inn Resort...
1,257 Reviews
Lake Placid, NY
3. Re: Lake Placid, Birthday Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2010, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Lake Placid