We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat in Pemba Island ?

7 posts
Where to eat in Pemba Island ?

Which restaurants do you recommend to eat this time of the year in Pemba ? Ramadhan is starting tomorrow. Any recommendations besides Manta Resort and Fundu Lagoon?

Thanks

Dar es Salaam...
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Where to eat in Pemba Island ?

wow i had visited Pemba and i know it very well ,most of locals restaurants will be closed also ! am not sure may be you can try Pemba Crown Hotel in Chakechake town ! but please do not eat/drink in Public unless its really an emergency ,Pemba locals are more religious in practice compared to their neighbors in Unguja (Znz). They expect all to respect this holy month of Ramadhan ! Afteer sunset most BBs should be opened in towns !

Do buy in the markets some fruits,snacks and water but you can eat while inside the hotels not in Public !

Cheers & Peace

Dar es Salaam...
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: Where to eat in Pemba Island ?

the time i had visited was not during Ramadan so if i was to recommend you places with some BBs i would only be guessing ,should be at busiest town areas! i would expect some BBs to operate around Chakechake & Wete towns !

Do ask the locals where or which BBs/restaurant sells "IFTAR" (the breaking of the fast fresh meals/foods) or "DAKU/Suhur" ( the last meals of the night before starting fasting ) .

The thing about asking you to eat/drink inside hotels during fasting daytime times of Ramadan is not because of the adults, in fact i don't think most adults will mind non-Muslims eating in front of them , its just the fact that the small children who are being taught to start fasting while still young mostly from age of 7yrs will be very hard for their children to conduct the fasting while seeing bad examples of other adults and this what makes the Muslim adults not liking to see anybody eating in Public!Hope am Understood!

Peace & Cheers

7 posts
3. Re: Where to eat in Pemba Island ?

Sounds interesting and fair. Guess I'll have to adapt to what is available.

Thanks so much for your help

X

4. Re: Where to eat in Pemba Island ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2018, 19:19
Get answers to your questions about Pemba Island