We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mohonk Mountain House

New York
Level Contributor
157 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Mohonk Mountain House

Is there anything to do for a toddler? Also, did anyone stay in a garden view family suite? How does it compare to other rooms? Any other relevant information for a first time visitor? Thank you.

4 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mohonk Mountain House

Not really much there for a toddler, sadly. I mean outside there are plenty of places to walk around with them, of course.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,188 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mohonk Mountain House

Have you looked at the web site?? I haven't been there for ages but there's a lake with a little beach and an indoor pool

They have a kid's program for little ones as young as 2 so not sure how old your "toddler" may be but if too young to leave in the kid program you can certainly find places to walk and explore and to introduce your child to the beauties of nature, wade in the lake , etc.

It is a gorgeous place!

Woodridge, New York
Level Contributor
274 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mohonk Mountain House

It is gorgeous and I've heard the food is phenomenal. I've gone hiking there during summer and have seen many kids. It is quite expensive though. If it is too much money to stay, you could also look into staying in New Paltz of Poughkeepsie and going there for a day trip. New Paltz is a fun quirky town with a lot of activities.

New York
Level Contributor
157 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mohonk Mountain House

Thanks for everyone's replies!

Reply to: Mohonk Mountain House
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about New Paltz