We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Press Box. Great Margaritas.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
The Press Box. Great Margaritas.

Hi. I know the Pess Box is no more but did anyone open anything similar to it not to far from the border? Really miss that place, i think it was the non smoking thing that killed it. Great Juke box, great prices on drinks, great service the BIG Salad was to die for. Any recomendations? Also on Main st ( I believe) was an awesome old house that was a Mexican restaurant, Bruce was the barman. We miss him & the joint. Great Margs. Has it reopened? If not is there anyything similar near to border? Sometimes while sitting here in Burlington Ontario we feel like a change from the 1 oz bars & loved to drive the 45 mins to an hour for lunch or dinner in the good old USA. Help. We miss you.

Niagara Falls, NY
Level Contributor
495 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Press Box. Great Margaritas.

The Mexican place is long gone, too. "Players", down the block from the Press Box, is busy most nights with a 20s-30s crowd. Two of the hotel bars are surprisingly popular. The Crowne Plaza has a sports bar with good food and the requisite giant wall of flat-screens. "Legends (Beers of the World)" in the Quality Inn on First St. is a local favorite, with a busy pool table and bands on many weekends. These are all within a 3-block radius of the Rainbow Bridge.

2. Re: The Press Box. Great Margaritas.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2010, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Niagara Falls