We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellow fever vaccine

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Yellow fever vaccine

Hi!

Anyone can tell me if I need the yellow fever vaccine to go to Zanzibar coming from Dar es salaam ?(and not have visited any endemic country)?

Because I have heard that is needed if you arrive by ferry but not in the airport.

Thanks!!!

10 replies to this topic
Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Yellow fever vaccine

Hi

You don't need

Atlanta ,Ga
Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yellow fever vaccine

Hi, we are traveling by air from Dubai and we needed to get it before traveling from here.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4,755 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yellow fever vaccine

UAE is not a risk country, Tanzania is not a risk country and the UAE has no requirements regarding YF; not sure why it was necessary to have jab traveling from Dubai.

Atlanta ,Ga
Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yellow fever vaccine

Read here for your own clarity:https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2018/infectious-diseases-related-to-travel/yellow-fever#5291

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4,755 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yellow fever vaccine

Is there something there that specifically addresses why a YF jab is necessary between UAE and Tanzania?

Dar es Salaam...
Level Contributor
435 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yellow fever vaccine

No need, Dar es salaam and Zanzibar are all Tanzania. It is one country so do not worry.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yellow fever vaccine

Check the Fit for Travel NHS website to be sure. If you have ever had the injection before you won't need it again. You only need it once. You need to show the certificate once you have had it. Best wishes, M

8. Re: Yellow fever vaccine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 June 2018, 19:11

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Yellow fever vaccine

I removed a post on a family member who fell ill on returning from Zanzibar with suspected Yellow Fever, as thank heavens the hospital tests have proven it was not.

Bristol
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Yellow fever vaccine

We were asked when we just got off a flight from Dar but I suppose they didn’t know where had come from originally, it could have been a country with YF. I just showed our certificates as we had them, I guess if we didn’t have them I would have to have tried to explain why.

Reply to: Yellow fever vaccine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Zanzibar Island