We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi driver / airport transfers Zanzibar

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi driver / airport transfers Zanzibar

I just came back from my holidays in Zanzibar and I would like to share with all of you fellow travellers my good experience.

If you are looking for a reliable way to move around (wheather to/from the airport or exploring) ASED IS WHO YOU ARE LOOKING FOR! :)

As a solo girl traveller, it's very important to feel safe: Ased demonstrated to be a great driver with very impressive people skills, he was born for this job and he does it with great passion.

He's a young man but very wose, personal and considerate.

You'll not regret choosing to let him drive because the streets in Zanzibar are "only for the braves" and with Ased you'll definetly be in safe hands.

It's very easy to contact him, very hard worker. Just drop him a message on WHATSAPP or give him a CALL on +255 65 584 6082

You'll thank me later 😜

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Archipelago, Tanzania
Zanzibar Food and Spices Tour...
10 Reviews
from US$41.00*
Stone Town and Prison Island from...
8 Reviews
from US$75.00*
Free Cancellation
76 replies to this topic
Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi driver / airport transfers Zanzibar

Good news to share and next I will

Edited: 23 May 2016, 22:19
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi driver / airport transfers Zanzibar

There another man called Mohamed Ally he work as guide and driver,he has very good knowledge of Zanzibar and speak good English too.

May reach him via +255 (0)777418147

Or email mbuyi83(at)yahoo.com

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi driver / airport transfers Zanzibar

I texted Ased to get from the airport to my hotel, he was waiting for me as we discussed. He was a good driver and a good company. I also decided to have a trip around the island and he took me to the north and stone town. He was a good company, good prices, good driver and a tour guide. He knew a lot about stone town and knew what to show me. I will contact him again on my way back to the airport for sure! I'm traveling by myself but felt safe with Ased!

Dar es Salaam...
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi driver / airport transfers Zanzibar

Hey Andrea !

Yes yo were right .. And am here to thank yo 😉

We stayed in Zanzibar for 3 days and Ased was of great help . Very reliable and cheap too. Would recommend him to all fellow travellers !!

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi driver / airport transfers Zanzibar

Dear Friends,

We went to Zanzibar island in July 2016 with my bf. Thanks to Andrea, we contacted Ased (Actually, it is written as Aseid). First of all, he is a great guy. Very polite, gentlemen, a nice personality. He speaks English very well. He guided us for 3 days including transfers from airport to hotel and around with the best cheapest price on the island! He has good contacts all around island. Just ask for anything and he will make true :) He even bought me pineapple just because I found Zanzibar pineapples so yummy. You can contact him via his whatsapp, he will get back to you shortly (thats how we contacted him as well).

So, I strongly recommend Aseid for a great and safe Zanzibar island experience.

(He said, he will have a web page soon, I will post it here)

Cheers!

Edited: 15 August 2016, 13:36
Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi driver / airport transfers Zanzibar

Dear friends,

During the first week of August I visited Zanzibar with my fiance' following the great advice of Andrea.

Asaed organized for us a three days tour, we swam with dolphins in Kizimkazi, we took selfies with Red Columbus Monkeys in Jozani Forest, we fed the oldest land turtles in Prison Island and water turtles in Nungwi, we saw Freddy Mercury's house in Stone Town and we finally had a drink in Nugwi beach observing a breathtaking romantic sunset. He did a very good price for the whole package, and I can assure you that the hotel guide tour would have charged us twice of what we paid.

I recommend to book with him already the airport pick-up because it will be safer and cheaper than what you find at the airport. Once you met him you can negotiate your package.

Asaed is very friendly and he is a very good driver that makes you feel safe in any moment.

Please contact him through Whatsapp he will reply to you immediately: +255 655 846 082

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Kizimkazi
Kizimkazi
Zanzibar Island, Tanzania
Stone Town
Stone Town
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi driver / airport transfers Zanzibar

I am currently in Zanzibar and staying at nungwi beach. Based on recommendations here I whatsapp Asaed n he was waiting for me at the airport. Nungwi in over an hour away but Asaed arranged safe cheap transport for me. We planned on spending a day in stone town so I contacted Asaed. He arranged again safe reliable transport to pick us up from Nungwi, arranged a trip to prison island, guide to stone town, recommended a nice place to have lunch, then took me to market to buy my mangoes , then spice tour, then safely back home. He knows everyone and can arrange anything n help u with everything. We were ladies traveling alone, so safety is always a concern but Asaed and his team took such good care of us. Tell him what u want to do n he will make a package deal. He takes me safely back to the airport to get back home on Sunday. Highly recommend him n thank u all for Asaed details

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Nungwi
Nungwi
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi driver / airport transfers Zanzibar

thanks for the recommendation. I travelled alone to zanzibar for three days and he was helpful in showing me around. Would definitely recommend him to all tourists looking for a guide or transportation.

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi driver / airport transfers Zanzibar

how much did he charge

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi driver / airport transfers Zanzibar

Can you let me know about how much a day trip should cost with him as a guide/driver? Is tipping recommended?

Reply to: Taxi driver / airport transfers Zanzibar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted