We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay outside of Saratoga Springs?

NORMAN
Level Contributor
169 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay outside of Saratoga Springs?

My coworker & I will be flying our boss in for the horse races. We need a place to stay outside of Saratoga. (It's too expensive during horse racing season, and that's assuming we can even get a room. Plus we are ok with getting away from the crowds). We want an area with food, drinks, and an area to walk around in. We will have a car. We've considered Downtown Albany, Schenectady, it Clifton Park. Any suggestions or anything on these (or somewhere else).

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Albany
Albany
New York
Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay outside of Saratoga Springs?

Clifton Park doesn't really have a walkable downtown. I would suggest Ballston Spa, Glens Falls, or Bolton Landing. HTH.

Mentioned in this post
NORMAN
Level Contributor
169 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay outside of Saratoga Springs?

Thanks, I'll look into those. Any specific comments good or bad on Albany or Schenectady?

Mentioned in this post
Albany
Albany
New York
Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay outside of Saratoga Springs?

I would personally choose Albany over Schenectady. There aren't many hotel options in Ballston Spa, but you could take a cab to Saratoga from Ballston Spa, which is a nice option. Malta is another option close enough to take a cab. Did you try the Comfort Inn on Old Gick Road? That is usually (relatively) affordable.

Mentioned in this post
Albany
Albany
New York
Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
10,605 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay outside of Saratoga Springs?

We like the Microtel in Latham just off I-87 but in a quiet area.

Mentioned in this post
Latham
Latham
New York
Albany, NY
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay outside of Saratoga Springs?

You might also look at the Hilton Garden Inn in Clifton Park Center. While Clifton Park definitely is not really a "walkable" city, the Hilton Garden Inn is within walking distance of the restaurants and shops at Clifton Park Center (mostly chains) but also has a Angelo's Prime steakhouse in the hotel, which is our local nice steakhouse.

Mentioned in this post
6. Re: Where to stay outside of Saratoga Springs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2017, 12:16