We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mauritius weather in August

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Mauritius weather in August

My husband and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in August and are looking for somewhere special to go and thinking of Mauritius does anyone know what the weather is like in the port louis area at that time of year?

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Mauritius weather in August

yeah we have been there three out of the last fours years and have booked for this sept,some days would like it a bit warmer,but it falls in with our wedding aniv/, staff wonderful/golf good/food great, (sounds like an advert don't I), only problem I have is the BRONIA from the other side of the island sneaking in and trying to camp out on my balcony>>>>????

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
6,339 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mauritius weather in August

Yes, despite having her own apartment she just can't resist the pampering of a 5* resort!!! I think she's secretly jealous of us being waited on hand and foot while she's chained to the sink of her apartment.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
42,267 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Mauritius weather in August

Dai...she's awful.......:)

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Mauritius weather in August

Tilly, why are you not working????. awful is not the words I would use, but yeah same meaning, Dee, weirdist thing happened when I was there last time, after golf in the jacuzzi(as you do), chatting to two guys from cape town who actually knew my cousin who lives in Cape Town, could not believe it.

Sorry trip adviser, I am digressing

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
6,339 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Mauritius weather in August

Wow, that is amazing! Small world, as they say.

Hijack off before we get into trouble.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
45,615 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Mauritius weather in August

BMP is one of my two favourite hotels.

Dai 'tis a pity I might miss you September as I am back in the UK from last week in August I think and return in October.

You'll have the balcony all to yourself - unless I rearrange my flight............

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Mauritius weather in August

I have arraged for the bmp to install powerful spotlights on my balcony to stop infiltrators from pereybere camping on my balcony, and more importantly, drinking my booze.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
42,267 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Mauritius weather in August

good on you Dai....hahaha

19. Re: Mauritius weather in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 19:05
Wordsley, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Mauritius weather in August

We went last year it was lovely. We only had one day of rain. It gets a bit cool on a night so take a cardigan . We still both came back with a tan.

Get answers to your questions about Balaclava