We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maratim - All Inclusive

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Maratim - All Inclusive

Hi

I have looked for the answer to this but unfortunately I haven't found a definitive answer.

Can someone please confirm what is included within the All Inclusive at the Maratim. There seems to be a buffet option for dinner or Al La Carte at two restaurants (of wither 750RS or 1000RS) but with no knowledge of the currency or prices, what does 750/1000 RS get you.

Anyone with any experience of the AI at the Maratim I would appreciate your views; seriously considering this hotel in December but we like Al La Carte dining but slightly confused at the moment.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maratim - All Inclusive

Apologies for the typo in the title. I do, of course, mean "Maritim"!

Mentioned in this post
Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius
Maritim Resort & Spa...
3,812 Reviews
Mauritius
Leigh, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maratim - All Inclusive

We have just returned from the Maritim and had a fantastic time. The AI options are easy to understand. The Belle View restaurant is a buffet style restaurant and is included in the AI package at all times. No charges or credit apply. If you book a prestige room (or better) the La Maree restaurant on the beach is AI for breakfast lunch and dinner from a set menu. The choice is very good. If you step outside the AI set menu at lunch and dinner you are given a credit of 750 rupees per person against the ala carte charges that apply. All the other 4 restaurants are ala carte and the credit applies. Note that Chateau Monsir is very expensive and that's probably why the credit is 1000 rupees. Note also that all the 5 ala carte restaurants have to be booked in advance for dinner The current exchange rate is just over 49 rupees to the £1 (say 50 for easy reckoning) hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
Maritim Resort & Spa...
3,812 Reviews
Mauritius
Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
364 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maratim - All Inclusive

We are considering this hotel also but for October. I'm vegetarian, do they cater well and have enough choice?

Can't decide between the Maritim and Paradise Cove. Thanks

Edited: 21 February 2014, 03:16
Mentioned in this post
Maritim Resort & Spa...
3,812 Reviews
Mauritius
Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel
Paradise Cove Boutique...
1,898 Reviews
Mauritius
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maratim - All Inclusive

Thanks Phil, that makes more sense!

What was the standard of the buffet like and as your from the same neck of the woods as us, may I asked who you booked with? We're dealing with Virgin.

Leigh, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maratim - All Inclusive

The standard of the buffet was very good. Lots of choices at breakfast, cooked food, omelette station etc, cereals, fruit etc. A large selection at lunch and dinner including soups, fish, a variety of meats, vegetables, pasta station, salads etc. They had different theme nights when things like Indian curry or Chinese food was available. I'm a fussy eater and my daughter who was with us is a coeliac (which means she can't have food which contains wheat or gluton) but there was still always plenty of choice to satisfy. If you like meat they do a steak night at La Maree on Friday night and I highly recommend it as do many reviewers on Trip Advisor. We booked with a company called Bestattravel and at the time they offered the exact same holiday about £900 cheaper than Virgin and also much cheaper than other tour operators. Worth having a look at. They offered several flight options and we flew from Manchester on Emirates via Dubai. It's a slightly longer flight but worth it I believe. The Emirates A380 aircraft is fabulous. If you need to know anything else about the hotel I'll be happy to advise.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
44,954 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maratim - All Inclusive

We've used Best atTravel several times for Mauritius and the Far East - they have good prices and are much more professional than Virgin IME.

Mentioned in this post
Leigh, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maratim - All Inclusive

Hello again mercurial 1985. As well as Bestattravel have a look at Netflights. They have competitive prices and as I recall are much cheaper than Virgin .

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
769 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maratim - All Inclusive

Hi.

I am vegetarian and there is certainly no shortage of food for any meal in the main buffet. In terms of where to book, I'm not sure what the prices are now but last summer we got a really good deal with BA, 3 of us with flights from Heathrow for 10 days at the Maritim for 4.5-5k.

Mentioned in this post
Maritim Resort & Spa...
3,812 Reviews
Mauritius
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
250 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maratim - All Inclusive

We went to our local Travel Agent in town and they got us a great deal with a Company called (If Only) and as we are going for 3 weeks wanted to get it at the best price we could and know one else we tried could get any where near bar one which was Mauritius Direct,Thomson & Virgin for the same holiday was 3 to 4 K dearer so hence we never used them :).

Can't wait to try all various foods i hear people talking about :)

Edited: 22 February 2014, 07:16
Mentioned in this post
10. Re: Maratim - All Inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Balaclava