We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to any of these airports from Manchester.

England
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Flights to any of these airports from Manchester.

Can anyone tell me if there are any flights that go to either Porto airport, Santiago de Compostela airport, or Vigo airport ?. I'd like to find the cheapest ones possible please. I would prefer to fly from Manchester airport, as it's the closest airport to where i live, but i don't think there are direct flights from there. I have been offered two Au Pair jobs, one in Pontevedra and one in Barcelona, so i'm just trying to decide between the two. Could you also tell me what the nightlife is like like in Pontevdra, and any other general information about the area ?.Thanks.

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to any of these airports from Manchester.

Here is the link to the airport of Manchester giving a list of destinations.

manchesterairport.co.uk/MANInfo/…

Maybe be use http://www.skyscanner.net/ to find alternative routes with connecting flights.

The nightlife will be much quieter than BCN as it is a provincial town. However you are near the Uni city of Santiago and there you will be able to find all of the nightlife you want.

Ian and Irene

Madrid
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to any of these airports from Manchester.

I'm pretty sure Ryanair fly from Liverpool to Porto.

NICOLA

Madrid
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to any of these airports from Manchester.

I'm pretty sure Ryanair fly from Liverpool to Porto.

NICOLA

Galicia, Spain
Level Contributor
234 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to any of these airports from Manchester.

Hi :

You are going to decide between two absolutely different worlds.

I have lived in Barcelona for 3 years and in Pontevedra for a little more time...

Pontevedra: Small (80.000 inh) quite town. Some small university schools (Art, Publicity, engineering...) Night life during week days is almost nonexistent (students go out during thursday) and it is fine during weekend, but keep in mind that your choices will be quite restricted.

Everybody knows each other, and it is going to be hard to find many students or au pairs from abroad. If you want to PM me with more info about your job offer i will probably be able to give more feedback to you, since in this small town there are no secrets. (Neighborhood, kind of family, activities etc)

Pros: Small quiet town (Could be a Pro or a Con, it is up to you) Near to beaches (although longest winter than Barcelona) Absolutely cheaper than BCN, if they are paying the same to you, you will have 40% more money availiable than in BCN

Barcelona: Nothing to say. Great Cosmopolitan City, with everything you could dream of about night life (Whatever your taste is, you will find it here...) You wont have time to be bored here, plenty of different areas, people, cultural life.....

Dont hesitate contacting me if you need more specific info.

Cheers

5. Re: Flights to any of these airports from Manchester.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2010, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Pontevedra