We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
148 reviews
Save Topic
New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

Hampton Inn are taking bookings from May 2008 for a new Hampton Inn, which would appear to be very close to the outlets, maybe even walkable?

Does anyone know if this is a new hotel or a hotel that is changing name? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

I don't know anything about that, but do you want to stay there because you wanna go shopping??

If so: there is a shuttle bus available from NY about every hour for $ 39 round trip...

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

Thanks. I have a number of reasons why I want to stay there and one of them is shopping. I know about the bus, thanks, as I have been there quite a few times before.

Just looking for some info on where specificallly the hotel is sited (I do know the area) and any other info on it from a local, I suspect. Is it a new hotel or is it a re-model? Is it by the Walmart?

The address is not coming up on google or yahoo maps.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

bump

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

still no word on this?

Their website says they are taking bookings from the 30th June.

New York City
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

This is a brand new hotel. I have been watching its construction over the past 18 months or so. It is part of a shopping center that has about a dozen stores plus a number of chain restaurants that stand alone - Pizzeria Uno, TGI Fridays, a Dunkin Donuts.

You could conceivably walk from the hotel to the Woodbury Commons - except you will be walking along a really really busy road. It is a main intersection for a number of highways - right there.

You really need a car to get around in the area. Also very close by is a SuperWalmart - open 24 hours. There are a number of other chain restaurants in that shopping area as well. If you need any other info, just ask.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

Thanks, that it very helpful.

IS it beside the Outback and other retail area (Larkin Drive) where Walmart is or nearer the outlets? I know the area and am trying to imagine where it is but can't find any record of the street name on the internet.

New York City
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

No, it is on the same side of the road (route 32) as Woodbury Commons - but it is closer to where the Walmart is. If you look at a map, it is just to the right of the Route 6 exit onto Route 32 - and you can see the Harriman Thruway toll plaza from there too. The land it sits on is surrounded by highways. It is at the very back of the property - where the Kohls store is. You would drive past Kohls to get to it.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

Got it now. Thanks for your assistance.

9. Re: New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 03:19