We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from Fallingwaters Adventure Resort to Bryson City

Stratham, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Distance from Fallingwaters Adventure Resort to Bryson City

I am interested in staying in a Yurt at Fallingwaters Adventure Resort, but we would like to go hiking in the Deep Creek/Bryson City area most days. What is the distance between the two? Will it be too much travelling back and forth every day? Should we stay closer to the hiking trails? I don't have any desire to do the rafting or zip lining close to the yurt.

Any other "rustic" suggestions for lodging in Bryson City?

Mentioned in this post
Bryson City
Bryson City
North Carolina Mountains, NC
Iowa
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
476 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from Fallingwaters Adventure Resort to Bryson City

Cherokee (near Bryson City) has a few campgrounds that have camping cabins. We didn't stay there (stayed at Yogi since we have young kids), but I thought Mile High campground sounded neat, and they have rustic camping cabins there.

I'm not sure what Bryson City has for rustic accomodations, but one website I use to look for camping cabins or yurts is rvparkreviews.com. It lists many campgrounds for each town (although not all). I've found many campgrounds with camping cabins this way. We often stay in camping cabins on our yearly road trip:-).

Mentioned in this post
Cherokee
Cherokee
Bryson City
Bryson City
Mile High Campground
Mile High Campground
83 Reviews
Cherokee, NC
Sylva, North...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance from Fallingwaters Adventure Resort to Bryson City

The distance between Falling Waters Adventure Resort and Deep Creek (in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park) is approximately 12 miles, or a 15-20 minute drive. It's an easy drive; you won't run into traffic jams along the way and the scenic drive is enjoyable.

You can check the Chamber's website for rustic accommodations closer to Deep Creek (GreatSmokies.com), but I do know that Falling Waters Adventure Resort is run by a very reputable group of people and I think you'll like the area.

Mentioned in this post
Falling Waters Adventure Resort
Falling Waters Adventure...
85 Reviews
Bryson City, NC
3. Re: Distance from Fallingwaters Adventure Resort to Bryson City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2014, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Bryson City
Recent Conversations