We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfalls?

Wv
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Waterfalls?

We will be coming to Bryson City for the railroad, but I am wondering if there are any waterfalls fairly close? They have to be an easy hike as I will have 3 sisters with me over 70.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
612 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterfalls?

Indian Creek Falls is and easy 1 mile hike each way. Search for it on the internet. It is on the trail beyond the Deep Creek Campground in the Smokies Park. The trail goes along Deep Creek and is busy with people inner tubing in the warm months.

Wv
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterfalls?

Thank you.

Bryson City, North...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterfalls?

You can read about Deep Creek area of the national park here: https://www.GreatSmokies.com/deepcreek and there is a pdf map to download. The trails are an old road bed, so nice and wide. The first falls is just about 100 yards up the trail. The second is about a mile with one section of a slight incline. Not a problem. I'm just a few years younger than the sisters and it is not a problem for me. Stop by the old courthouse Visitor Center in Bryson for more information - open every day 10 am 6 pm.

4. Re: Waterfalls?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2017, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Bryson City
Recent Conversations