We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

campground input near Cherokee

Harris, Minnesota
Level Contributor
49 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
campground input near Cherokee

I am trying to decide between Yogi in the Smokies and the Cherokee KOA for 2 nights in Aug. We have a 5th wheel and 3 kids. We would like to fish and be in the mountains. Anyone have insite on which would be best or if there is another one I should consider? Thanks so much

3 replies to this topic
Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: campground input near Cherokee

I have stayed at the Cherokee KOA but it has been several years. I have been in the Yogi in the smokies. The KOA is the first one you will come to when go up Big Cove road. It is located between the trout ponds and the stream. It has a lot of paved sites and stuff to do for the kids.

Yogi is a lot more rustic than the KOA. From looking at the website in the past they show stuff the kids would like. It to is on Big Cove road and on the trout stream.

With these two it would be if you want a more rustic siting or not. Yogi is the rustic side and KOA is the more resort style of camping.

River Valley campground is also on Big Cove road. It is nice but does not have the activities for the kids. It to is right on the stream. Also by the entrance to the campground is the start of the catch and release fly fishing section of the stream.

East Tennessee
Level Contributor
632 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: campground input near Cherokee

Consider Indian Creek Campground which is upriver from KOA.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: campground input near Cherokee

I did not think about Indian creek. It too is nice but very rustic

Reply to: campground input near Cherokee
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cherokee