We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food

Level Contributor
8 posts
169 reviews
Save Topic
Food

Is there any places that is good in Cherokee to get mountain trout/ rainbow trout whatever or in the surrounding areas

10 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
560 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Food

To eat or catch on a fish/fly pole?

Level Contributor
8 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food

Ooops didn't make that clear to eat

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food

Food choices are not the best in Cherokee. I can not remember the name of the place but on 441 as you go through town heading north on the left side the rode just before the DQ is a gray restaurant that looks like o house. They had trout in the pass. I have never tried the trout.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,239 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food

I believe the place John is speaking of is Pauls. They have mountain trout advertised. I have not eaten there but have heard good things about it. For breakfast Peters Pancake House is great.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food

That's the name "wheels". Peter's pancakes is the best in town. it is worth the wait.

Wheels are y'all heading up to any car shows in the area?

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,239 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food

We were up there in May. Went to a car show in Blue Ridge, ga. Nice little show in the downtown area. They had about 150 cars I believe. We were in your neighborhood for one night. Had to get me some Pralines!

We are going to Cruisin the Coast in Mississippi in October. Much better than going to Pigeon Forge rod run although I like that one too. Can't do them all! We have reservations made for the a Turkey Rods too.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,239 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food

John, meant to ask if you went to the April Fools Rod Run in Waycross this year? That's a nice little show too.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Food

No I did not make it to that one. In the past year I have purchased a new house and trying to sell 2 others. We have our reservations for Daytona and are heading up to the Moonshine Cruise in a couple of weeks.

So you had to get you some Pralines, There are 2 places on river street with them. Same family, different businesses but some common ties. My wife is a teacher and the owners son was one of her kids in high school. I miss the Christmas, etc goody boxes that always showed up.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,239 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Food

Yes, very addicted to the Pralines. I have only found one other place that makes them fresh and makes them right and I think that was over in Helen, Ga. Dont know why but I thought the Moonshine run was in October? Thats on my to do list but dont have much time off from work. Got a few more years yet before retirement!

Raleigh, North...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Food

Where do you get the Pralines you speak of?

Reply to: Food
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cherokee