We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help plan my trip!!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Help plan my trip!!

Last minute we decided to take a road trip in a few days from south jersey to outer banks area north carolina. We have no experience with the area and are completely winging things! (young 30s couple) Taking all suggestions! We want to take in the beach area, he will surf if there is any aspect of a wave lol- I found a company for an atv tour on the beach...anything cool to see or do? (I have noted the horses!) Restaurants, activities? Also I would love to find a golf course that would let me drive the cart while he golfs- doesn't have to be fancy we are laid back! Thank you soon much for any advice!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
267 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help plan my trip!!

You never know about the waves. Sometimes they can be very rough and there will be red flags flying warning you not to go in the water. I have seen people surfing (in the Corolla area) when we are here on vacation. There are several golf courses in the area too but they may be pricey. If you staying in a vacation rental home, check with the agency that you rented the house from and they may have discounts for golf.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help plan my trip!!

The only golf course up there is Currituck Club and they are grossly expensive. Go south to Kitty Hawk to SeaScape golf course and you can drive as much as you want.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
21 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help plan my trip!!

Some of our favorites in Corolla are -- any wild horse tour, climbing the lighthouse, touring the Whalehead Club, touring the Wildlife Education Center, eating at the bar at North Banks, browsing the shops at TimBuck II, breakfast pastries from Northern Lights Bakery, eating BBQ under the trees at Corolla Village Barbecue. And, of course, biking everywhere!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help plan my trip!!

Wonderful!! Thank you!

5. Re: Help plan my trip!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2017, 13:16