We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabins

Clarksville...
Level Contributor
191 posts
18 reviews
3 helpful votes
Cabins
Save

My husband and I are planning a trip to Highlands NC, and I am looking for the best places to stay in or near the area. He would prefer a cabin or something close to a cabin. Any suggestions?

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Cabins
Save

Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages is just a couple blocks to downtown. There a lots of cabins (including with nice decor and amenities) on VRBO and cabin rental sites. I'd take a look on VRBO to see options and get an idea of what appeals to you both.

Clarksville...
Level Contributor
191 posts
18 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Cabins
Save

Thank you.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
59 posts
75 reviews
45 helpful votes
3. Re: Cabins
Save

We live in Highlands and I agree with the other response, just look through the VRBO and see what suits you. However, I can tell you that I have looked to see what’s available for a friend and it seems places are about 99% leased already. Also, Highlands isn’t a “cabin” place if you are thinking a log cabin with chinking, etc.

Clarksville...
Level Contributor
191 posts
18 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: Cabins
Save

Thank you so much for your help.

Zebulon, North...
Level Contributor
45 posts
9 reviews
6 helpful votes
5. Re: Cabins
Save

Another post asking for recommendation and directed to a rental site. Is there anyone that has a FIRST HAND experience of a Cabin or even a cozy rental with a River, Mountain or Lake view that they can recommend?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
59 posts
75 reviews
45 helpful votes
6. Re: Cabins
Save

I’m sure we are all apologetic for trying to be helpful. However, one’s definition of a “cabin” can and does vary widely. Considering the fact that rentals in Highlands are 99% leased for the foreseeable future, I think it is best to look and see what is available that might match what one is looking for.

7. Re: Cabins

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Highlands
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.