We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants with Outdoor Seating

New Orleans...
3 posts
Restaurants with Outdoor Seating
Save

We are visiting the Highlands for the first time the second week of October.

I am looking for recommendations for restaurants with outdoor seating that will be comfortable at night the second week of October. We are from New Orleans, so we enjoy great food!

Also, I noticed several comments about the lack of parking at the numerous waterfalls in the area. Is parking an issue only on weekends or also during the week (we will be visiting Sunday through Friday)?

Thanks.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
59 posts
74 reviews
45 helpful votes
1. Re: Restaurants with Outdoor Seating
Save

Meritage probably has the best outdoor seating. It is completely covered and sheltered from wind and rain. Wild Thyme also has nice outdoor seating because it is sheltered from the wind and they have nice heaters. Old Edwards Wine Garden is also nice but might be a little more chilly and harder to get in. They don’t take reservations.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
59 posts
74 reviews
45 helpful votes
2. Re: Restaurants with Outdoor Seating
Save

I forgot your question on parking. There are a lot of people in Highlands right now every day, seems like the 4th of July all the time. Dry Falls has quite a bit of parking. Glen Falls has ok parking. Whitewater Falls has a lot of parking. Other smaller falls have roadside parking which is catch as catch can.

New Orleans...
3 posts
3. Re: Restaurants with Outdoor Seating
Save

Thank you for the replies! Very helpful!

4. Re: Restaurants with Outdoor Seating

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Highlands
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.