We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upcoming Family Vacation

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
20 posts
31 reviews
4 helpful votes
Upcoming Family Vacation
Save

Hello!

My family and I will be coming to Highlands area soon and would love some good ideas for our toddler… things to do and restaurants!! Any good family friendly spots? Hitting the Dillard House Restaurant, Andy’s Trout Farm and Jackson Hole Gem Mining… other tips would be much appreciated!

2 replies to this topic
Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
70 reviews
39 helpful votes
1. Re: Upcoming Family Vacation
Save

There are many restaurants in the downtown area of Highlands. Walking around and using this website to look at reviews should help you find what is best for your family.

We don't know your interests or toddler's age. My kids loved the unique City indoor pool. Touring the botanical garden was a good activity. A reasonable hike or two .. Sunset Mountain overlooking the city was interesting. Skiing or tubing at Sapphire or Scaly Mountain can be fun.

Edited: 09 November 2021, 09:02
Valle Crucis, North...
Level Contributor
658 posts
15 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Upcoming Family Vacation
Save

It’s a little bit of a drive ( 45 minutes or so) but Brevard NC has a wonderful downtown with a fabulous toy store ( OP Taylor’s) and a old school soda shop ( Rocky’s) with the best malt milkshakes on the planet. Also , Square Root restaurant is excellent for lunch or dinner. While in the area visit Looking Glass Falls , beautiful waterfall you can see from the car.. very little walking . Enjoy !

Reply to: Upcoming Family Vacation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Highlands
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.