We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

activities in Kure Beach

1 post
Save Topic
activities in Kure Beach

Our family will be in Kure Beach st the end of June. We love outdoor activities. Any recommendations for families with teenagers? Plan on bringing our bikes. Is there a lot of place to ride?

Mentioned in this post
Kure Beach
Kure Beach
North Carolina Coast, NC
2 replies to this topic
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,141 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: activities in Kure Beach

Not a lot going on right in Kure Beach, but you're a hop, skip and a jump away in one direction from Carolina Beach and the boardwalk (must have is Britt's Donuts) and in the other direction is Fort Fisher with the NC Aquarium there and the historic Civil War era fort, plus the ferry to Southport. And of course Wilmington is right there, too with tons to do.

Not sure on bike paths. Why not rent when you get there? The salt air and salt water is murder on bikes. You may be able to ride on the beach, but I wouldn't want to do that with my own bike.

Mentioned in this post
Kure Beach
Kure Beach
North Carolina Coast, NC
Carolina Beach
Carolina Beach
North Carolina
Southport
Southport
North Carolina Coast, NC
Wilmington
Wilmington
North Carolina Coast, NC
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
10,683 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: activities in Kure Beach

There are a few trails in the Kure/Carolina Beach area. You could also ride around in some of the residential areas. I would leave them at home and rent as mentioned above.

paddlenc.com/bike-rentals-fort-fisher-caroli…

They have free family movie night at the Carolina Lake on Sunday nights. Fireworks on Thursday night in the boardwalk area. There is the Kure Beach Pier to walk on. The Boardwalk in Carolina Beach would be good for one night, there is an arcade there plus rides and a little mini golf course. As mentioned there is the NC Aquarium and the Ferry over to Southport and the Ft. Fisher Museum and Battlefield.

Also, many people go to the very end of Ft. Fisher past the Ferry to watch the sunset every night. It is an historical area with markers telling about the history there. I recommend going there anyway...sunset or not. That whole area at the far end is beautiful. Take your camera!

Have a great time!! (be sure to go to Squiggleys Ice Cream shop in Carolina Beach!)

Mentioned in this post
Kure Beach
Kure Beach
North Carolina Coast, NC
Carolina Beach
Carolina Beach
North Carolina
Kure Beach Pier
Kure Beach Pier
379 Reviews
Kure Beach, NC
Southport