We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is your favorite eatery in Maggie?

Maggie Valley
Level Contributor
100 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What is your favorite eatery in Maggie?

This post is to talk about your favorite place to eat in Maggie Valley. Thank you

Gabi

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is your favorite eatery in Maggie?

In the city, I've come to like Joey's, The Maggie Valley Restaurant and Garlic Knots.

Maggie Valley
Level Contributor
100 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is your favorite eatery in Maggie?

I agree with Garlic knots. They have has some not so good reviews here on trip advisor, but we love their food and they are affordable. Sometimes family run businesses get really busy and it's hard to please everyone. So please have a patience.... you are on vacation, they work hard. I know it from our experience as a small business.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is your favorite eatery in Maggie?

You are so right. You can find a chain restaurant in any larger city, but the smaller, family-owned restaurants (and motels, eh?) provide a level of service far superior. That's not to say I distain chains...I love to eat at Olive Garden and Longhorns. But in Maggie Valley, I prefer home-town hospitality.

What do you think of Butts on the Creek BBQ?

maggie valley nc
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is your favorite eatery in Maggie?

I enjoy all the restaurants in Maggie Valley, but my favorite is Arf's. I love his prime rib, steaks and especially his Seafood.

Timberwolf Creek...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is your favorite eatery in Maggie?

Best hamburger in Maggie Valley, if not the whole state: Legends Sports Grill.

I had the Mountain Burger with Cole Slaw and a bit of Chili on top. My wife had the regular burger.

I'd describe it but it would just make my mouth water and it's 3am so they're closed right now.

Just go get one.

Larry,

Timberwolfcreek

Maggie Valley
Level Contributor
100 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is your favorite eatery in Maggie?

We finally made it to Arf's. Every one of our customers loves this place and now I know why. This is the best place we have been in Maggie Valley. Best food at affordable price.

Unbelievable prime rib and my seafood scampi awesome!!!!

Our Italian night would be at Garlic Knots.

And Mexican definitely in Guayabitos.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is your favorite eatery in Maggie?

Ok, my next trip I'm trying the prime rib at Arf's! Prime rib is a weakness of mine.

I'd still like to know what you guys think of Butts on the Creek. I've been one time, and I thought it was ok. My son loved the ribs.

Maggie Valley
Level Contributor
100 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is your favorite eatery in Maggie?

We tried them before. It was OK. Be honest with you we were not impressed with any of our local BBQ restaurants. We have never tried Fat Buddies in Waynesville and also have people telling us great things and some people didn’t have a good experience.

Unfortunately BBQ festival in Maggie was canceled this year and that is were you get the best BBQ. Hopefully they will be back next year.

Have a great day

Gabi

Myrtle Beach,SC
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is your favorite eatery in Maggie?

Hi My name is Alma I am the owner of the Country Deli in Maggie Valley. I would like to welcome you to try our NY style Deli.

You will be amazed at the size and Quality of our food. Our Deli Sandwiches have a 1/3 pound of Meat on them. We slice our cold cuts fresh to order. We have been told our Rubens and Rachel sandwiches are the best in the world!

Our Soups and Chili are homemade. So are our Deli Salads.

Burgers and Hot Dogs are are made of Angus Beef and grilled fresh.

We also have a selection of 16 flavors of Ice Cream. Which we can turn into the thickest shakes around or the very impressive Banana Split. Yall come by and say hello.

Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What is your favorite eatery in Maggie?

every trip to maggie we always have to make a trip to waynesville to eat at bogarts. good steak and salads

Get answers to your questions about Maggie Valley
More Maggie Valley Topics