We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years eve in Maggie Valley or surrouding area for family

atlanta
1 post
Save Topic
New Years eve in Maggie Valley or surrouding area for family

I was planning a trip to Maggie Valley to go to the Cataloochee ski resort and tubing. We will be going new years weekend from 12/30-1/2/04. I was wondering if there will be any places that will have New years festivities for families. I know that sugar Mtn and Appalachain mountains have fireworks at thier resorts but I dont see anything mention for Cataloochee Ski on thier website.

Does anyone know in the area if Maggie Valley has something?

Also, we never been here, so this will be our first time. Is Maggie Valley like Gatlinburg/pigeon forge in TN or total oppesite? Thanks for you time and help.

Mentioned in this post
Maggie Valley
Maggie Valley
North Carolina Mountains, NC
The Cataloochee Ranch
The Cataloochee Ranch
117 Reviews
Maggie Valley, NC
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years eve in Maggie Valley or surrouding area for family

Maggie Valley is real quiet during the winter time. Nothing like Gatlinburg.

I don't know anything about fireworks at Maggie Valley on nye. We are going to Brasstown NC for the possum drop on NYE.

www.clayscorner.com/new-years-eve.shtml

It is about 90 minutes from Maggie Valley...if you don't mind driving at night. Its a blast.

Mentioned in this post
Maggie Valley
Maggie Valley
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years eve in Maggie Valley or surrouding area for family

I don't know of anything happening in Maggie Valley on New Year's Eve, but the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad in Bryson City is having a New year's Eve Gala. See the bottom of this page: http://www.gsmr.com/events/calendar.php

Also, there will be fireworks in Cherokee, NC here: www.cherokee-nc.com/events-detail.php…

Both Bryson City and Cherokee are within 30 miles of Maggie Valley on Hwy 19, although I'd probably use highway 74 from Waynesville to Bryson City, or turn off on 441 toward Cherokee If I were travelling at night. It's 4-lane road and quicker to travel a night.

Hope you have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
Maggie Valley
Maggie Valley
Bryson City
Bryson City
Cherokee
Cherokee
Waynesville
Waynesville
3. Re: New Years eve in Maggie Valley or surrouding area for family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2010, 12:19
Get answers to your questions about Maggie Valley
More Maggie Valley Topics