We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sledding spot in Maggie Valley.

Maggie Valley
Level Contributor
100 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sledding spot in Maggie Valley.

MMany people is asking me where should they go sledding in Maggie Valley. So here is the valuable info. Go to the entrance of Blue Ridge Parkway entrance in Maggie Valley on top of the mountain on Hwy 19(Soco Rd.), turn to the left entrance and you will find a great sledding spot. I am sure you will se people there. Some people go across the street also, but that part is little dangerous since is between the threes. Please stay away from the trees. I have seen bad accident last week. Anyway we still have snow on the ground and even when it melts down in the Valley sometimes up there it stays longer. Bring your sleds, tubes or buy them in ACE hardware/walmart/k-mart store or in any of our little ski stores in Maggie. Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Maggie Valley
Maggie Valley
North Carolina Mountains, NC
Blue Ridge Parkway
Blue Ridge Parkway
6,643 Reviews
North Carolina Mountains, NC
Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sledding spot in Maggie Valley.

I've been there a couple times, myself. Great fun!

We went one time when Tony's Tube World was closed for some reason. The town policeman suggested the BRP entrance.

Mentioned in this post
Tube World
Tube World
151 Reviews
Maggie Valley, NC
2. Re: Sledding spot in Maggie Valley.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2010, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Maggie Valley
More Maggie Valley Topics