We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget car rental at RDU

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Budget car rental at RDU

We have had a horrible experience with Budget in Maui and was wondering if this location is okay with time in line or are other companies better.

4 replies to this topic
NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
802 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget car rental at RDU

Hopefully someone can give you personal experience, but I’ve not heard anything particularly bad about any of the mainstream car rentals at RDU.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,604 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget car rental at RDU

Why were you standing in line to begin with? If you join the Budget FastBreak program you don't have to stand in line ever (or at the very worst it's a much shorter, faster moving line).

All rental companies have these programs - give them all your info up front via their website and then you don't have to wait in line to give them that same info at the airport.

-JimG

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget car rental at RDU

In Maui it doesn't matter if you have Fastbreak. It can still be hours to wait. It's been that way since they decided to make the new rental car facility next to the airport. Apparently Budget decided to not upgrade anything until the facility is done which is still a long way off and this has been a problem for over 2 years there.

I just wanted to make sure it was a localized problem before we fly in to RDU. Their prices are the best on the Costco site.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,604 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget car rental at RDU

I'm a member of pretty much all the frequent renter programs and I've never had anything like that happen at any airport, including RDU.

My only experience with Budget in Hawaii was at ITO a few years ago, and that went very smoothly - no problems whatsoever. It sounds like the Budget folks at OGG are simply incompetent - has to be a localized problem.

-JimG

Reply to: Budget car rental at RDU
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted