We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport to the hotel

Chicago, IL
8 posts
airport to the hotel

My husband and I will be in Raleigh for 4 days and are staying at the Clarion. What is the best way for us to get from the airport to the hotel? The hotel has free parking but I not sure if we need to have a car to get around or if we can walk, trolley or cab. We have never been to Raleigh. Please let me know.

Thanks, Lori

\

York, PA
Level Contributor
788 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: airport to the hotel

May I ask which Clarion you will be staying at?

(Hopefully it's not the Clarion Crabtree on Creedmoor Road which no longer exists, but is still listed on here).

Chicago, IL
8 posts
2. Re: airport to the hotel

Socttydoo, it is the Clarion Capital or something like that downtown Raleigh

3. Re: airport to the hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2005, 14:07
Chicago, IL
8 posts
4. Re: airport to the hotel

ScottyDoo,

I made the reservation but can cancel within 24 hours of check in. My husband and I will be there for New Years Eve. My main question though is how do we get from the airport to the hotel. Our flight lands at 10:00 PM on December 30th. The hotel offers free parking but if we are going to be right downtown and close to night life do we really need a car. I guess I just want to know what is more cost effective.

Thanks, Lori

5. Re: airport to the hotel

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2005, 14:07
6. Re: airport to the hotel

Removed on: 21 December 2005, 04:57
Chicago, IL
8 posts
7. Re: airport to the hotel

Thank You. I will call the hotel and see how much a cab ride for 2 will cost both ways and see if it would be cheaper to have an inexpensive car.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
40 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: airport to the hotel

Raleigh has very little in the way of public transportation, so unless you are planning to spend all of your time downtown, you are probably going to want a car. Parking is generally plentiful and inexpensive, and having a car will allow you to explore the area much more thoroughly.

Enjoy your visit!