We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise....Oneiros or Thalasitra?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
177 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise....Oneiros or Thalasitra?

Hi

I am wanting to prebook a cruise around Milos and have been in touch with both the above companies

both so7nd good in there own ways but I don’t know which one to do

Oneiro - small boat only takes 15 people which is awesome, fantastic reviews but only goes around a part of the island

thalisitra - larger boat, goes around the whole island (but may not depending on weather), food looks amazing, good reviews

I wanted to go aro7nd the whole island but there is no guarantee either way.

Any thoughts or recommendations please?

12 replies to this topic
Espoo Finland
Level Contributor
157 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise....Oneiros or Thalasitra?

There is also Polco Sailing which takes only 10 persons per boat (sailing boat), half island tours. Or you can hire private tour as well. They also have got excellent reviews, have not tried but I have booked with them for our July visit to Milos. I made my choice based on reviews and the small group approach they have.

atlanta, Ga.
Level Contributor
399 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise....Oneiros or Thalasitra?

We will be heading to Milos July 1 for our third time. We plan on taking the Thalassitra ride for the third time. I mentioned to my 14 year old son that we may not do it this year since we have done it twice and he was like " it's the best thing we have done in Greece"...We go every other summer. It is a great trip around the island. Stops in coves to swim/dive/snorkel...They serve a great seafood pasta lunch with wine/beer/soda/water. Our family all agree it is one of the better things we have done in Greece. I am sure you will enjoy either boat but I can only speak to the Thalassitra experience...Enjoy which ever you choose.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
128 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise....Oneiros or Thalasitra?

Maybe too late but we did the Oneiris cruise and it was great. It went from 9am until 6.30pm. The ow er/ captain Elias is a real entertainer and story teller...and the food, wine ,beer , coffee and ouzo are generously served.

The boat is of a very high standard, comfortable, with shade and safe. Elias is highly experienced and you can tell the safety of his passengers come first.

You even get to do the zorba dance on the way back.

Best of all, you just pay at the end if you are happy with your experience. So nothing to lose, even if it is slightly pricey at 100euros each.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
177 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise....Oneiros or Thalasitra?

Thanks for the input....I’d love to do the cruise with them but really want to go around the whole island

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise....Oneiros or Thalasitra?

did you have to reserve a place beforehand? i am looking to do this at the beginning of August which I know is very busy and want to make sure we get a spot!

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise....Oneiros or Thalasitra?

I'd call €100 each slightly more than "a bit pricey"!😲

We'll be on Milos year after next and love a boat trip but it would have to be something special to justify that price.

rdv
Marlow, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise....Oneiros or Thalasitra?

We have only used Oneiro and it was a great day out. We were lucky and did the northern route but this depends on the weather. We think the full island tour would not be as relaxed due to the distance covered.

We also did the Perseus day trip from Pollonia with Andreas. Both of these trips are among the best we have experienced in 25 years of Greek travel

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
177 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise....Oneiros or Thalasitra?

Thank you. What is the other tour?

atlanta, Ga.
Level Contributor
399 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Cruise....Oneiros or Thalasitra?

I have taken this boat ride twice around Milos and though it is pricey it is worth every penny. We just took a boat around Antiparos two days ago...One of the best things we have ever done on all of our family trips to Greek Islands.

rdv
Marlow, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cruise....Oneiros or Thalasitra?

Hi Sally,

Details here www.andreas-rooms.gr

Andreas is passionate about the environment and if he feels his customers are enjoying the trip don’t rely on returning to Pollonia on time!

Reply to: Cruise....Oneiros or Thalasitra?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted