We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lloret 1980

Newark
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
lloret 1980

My first holiday abroad without my parents was in Lloret in1980 .My friends and i went to the same pub every night called The Ok corral .I was wondering if anyone else can remember it .

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lloret 1980

lloret was a real busy resort back then, can you remember the river bed with bridges over it, its the main road now. loads of bodega bars up the narrow streets. plenty of english pubs. stayed in the samba hotel for our first trip with our daughter. going to spain then was really exciting.

Newark
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lloret 1980

I seem to remember there was a sewer running through the street .We stayed at the Hotel Copacabana looking at it now on Google Earth cant believe we ever made it back from our drunken nights out .

Lloret de Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: lloret 1980

Many of the old bars have now either closed down, changed name or have been knocked down and replaced by some other sort of business. You can step back in time on Lloret de Mar Old Stuff, follow the link for the OK Corral here > …blogspot.com/search/label/OK%20Corral

But there are many many, more Lloret de Mar pics on the site dating from the 50s!

About the open sewer running down the street, many people thought the same but it was really just to bring the water/rainfall down from the mountains to the sea. It still exists but as Mitch says its all covered in now!...Jackie

Newark
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lloret 1980

Thanks for that Jackie recognised the guy called Terry in the second photo we had a fab time in the Ok Coral ,It brings back some great memories.

5. Re: lloret 1980

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Lloret de Mar