We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doubting on booking for April

Haacht, Belgium
Level Contributor
841 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Doubting on booking for April

Hello everyone,

Me and my boyfriend were planning a week of Centerparcs in April (Easter break for us in Belgium) yet prices are very high. We usually travel with a bus traveling agency to Salou during summer, which we will be doing this summer aswell. Now, with this agency we could go to Loret for a week in hotel Xaine Park or Augusta Club for a week, for a lower price then what Centerparcs would cost us... Despite the fact that we're already going to Salou for 2 weeks in August, we really are thinking about this week in April. A week in Spain seems to be worth the cost a lot more than a week in Centerparcs where we would still have to pay extra for dinner and stuff.

Point is, we've never been to Loret, only Salou. I know not to expect 30°C in April and that even in high summer it's colder in Loret then in Salou. But what are your experiences concerning the weather in April? Is it warm enough to walk around in shirts and short pants? Is lying around the pool an option or will it definitely be to cold for that?

And can anyone help us choose with the hotel? Xaine Park is about 50 euro's cheaper, yet Augusta Club seems to have better reviews. Is Xaine Park really that bad?

We don't go out to clubs or anything, but what else is there to do in Loret? As I said, we really liked Salou: Walking along beach, the shopping streets, sitting down outside for an ice cream or a drink, lying around the pool, ... Are things we enjoy. Should these things be possible or will it be to cold?

I know no one here can predict me the weather, but it'd be nice to hear what your experiences were.

Thanks for reading and I hope someone will be able to help us!

Malgrat de Mar...
Destination Expert
for Lloret de Mar, Calella
Level Contributor
2,302 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doubting on booking for April

there is no reason to expect really bad weather. look at the top questions on the right hand side for past years weather.

i will be in the area myself at the end of april and certainly expect to sunbathe and wander round in shirt sleeves/shorts. i would suggest you take a fleece or light jacket to wear at night just in case it is not too warm.

there are some nice beaches around lloret, i prefer the fenals beach as it is a bit quiter than the main lloret beach.

there are plenty shopping opportunites in the main part of lloret.

re hotels- the xaine park is right in the town centre and on top of the nightlife so may be a bit too noisy/boisterous for you.

the augusta is about a 15 minute walk from the beach/main street but is not a hotel i know too well.

have you looked at other resorts. malgrat is a lot quiter than lloret, which by the end of april will start to fill up with youngsters who want to drink all day.night and go clubbing till whenever, with a good beach and some nice shopping in the old part of town. there are also plenty bars/restaurants where you can sit outside.it is also on the train route to barcelona so making it easy to go there for a day out/shopping etc.

2. Re: Doubting on booking for April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2013, 18:30
Get answers to your questions about Lloret de Mar