We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Access to beaches

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
84 posts
33 reviews
62 helpful votes
Access to beaches
Save

Rented a house on Merrimac Lane based on the written description that access to the beach is only "a couple of houses away directly at the end of the quiet side street." Which would sound like near by access. Looking on aerial maps and street view I can not find it. Exactly how far away is it ? Beginning to think I did not read between the lines of real estate marketing.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
95 reviews
45 helpful votes
1. Re: Access to beaches
Save

My family stayed in this general area a few years ago. If you are looking at street view maps go North from Merrimac Lane on Colony Drive. The beach access is basically right where Colony Drive and Quay Ct intersect. I'd say it's about 2-3 blocks from the end of Merrimac Lane.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
548 posts
2. Re: Access to beaches
Save

I like the Bing maps for Hatteras, they have close up detail. Nawlins is right about the access to the north, looks like there is also a community access right by Monitor lane to the south as well https://binged.it/2rSaO93

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
84 posts
33 reviews
62 helpful votes
3. Re: Access to beaches
Save

Thanks ... I DID find that one. I was hoping there was one closer So its not the "couple houses".... hahaha

1 post
4. Re: Access to beaches
Save

If you take a left onto Colony Drive from Merrimack, there is a beach access between the 6th and 7th house.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
150 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Access to beaches
Save

*deleted b/c i just realized this is an old topic*

Edited: 3 years ago
Linden, North...
5 posts
6. Re: Access to beaches
Save

Really old.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
4 helpful votes
7. Re: Access to beaches
Save

It may be old, but there are those of us still looking at aerial maps and wondering where in Salvo the public access is???

8. Re: Access to beaches

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Salvo
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.