We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banana Wind 150 duck rd

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
7 helpful votes
Banana Wind 150 duck rd
Save

My extended family and I have booked this property for an august vacation thru southern shores realty.. I was hesitant because I couldn’t find a single review anywhere for the property. I was curious if anyone has stayed here or knows the house at all. Just want make sure the photos online reflect how it looks today. Also is that section of 12 ok to walk on?.. the triangle lot looks be around the corner for parking, is this a lot that is available with our parking passes?

5 replies to this topic
Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
137 reviews
54 helpful votes
1. Re: Banana Wind 150 duck rd
Save

A link would have been helpful. Don't assume most people post reviews, they don't it seems unless they are upset then you get a dozen. No bad reviews is probably a good sign. I found it https://www.southernshores.com/outer-banks-rentals/0719-a-banana-wind

It is right on a very busy road, but you won't be on it long to get to the house.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: Banana Wind 150 duck rd
Save

I understand that no reviews could mean no bad reviews. It’s been my experience that rental agencies will post positive reviews and sometimes supress negative ones.. I am NOT saying that is the case here.. which is why I am reaching out on TA.. I have vacationed many times in OBX, (usually in Corolla) I am looking forward to being in less traffic, but I can’t remember if there is a side walk on Duck rd. (Rt 12)?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
435 posts
113 reviews
91 helpful votes
3. Re: Banana Wind 150 duck rd
Save

Yes there is a sidewalk

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
137 reviews
54 helpful votes
4. Re: Banana Wind 150 duck rd
Save

I won't argue the point about negative reviews being suppressed, it likely happens but sometimes the poster complaining is not telling the whole truth and just trying to hurt the PM because they did not get the result they wished for. I could post a bunch of examples but I probably had better not. Some come with expectations that they are going to be in the guest wing of the White House and having servants on hand for them would not make them happy.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
7 helpful votes
5. Re: Banana Wind 150 duck rd
Save

It’s a tricky business for sure. I agree, there are ridiculous people who feel slighted and exaggerate a negative review to get some sort of vindication. Having been on both sides, attentive owners and PMs usually attract good renters and repeat renters who feel some attachment to the property. Sometimes those renters don’t leave reviews because they don’t want to lose their spot for next year. I try to temper my expectations with Covid still here and our week being in the middle of peak season, so there will have been a lot of renters before us. I don’t expect the place to be hospital clean. I’ve just never used Southern Shore Realty before and never stayed in that community.. it’s nice to have TA forums to share information... I appreciate your point of view OBX200..

Edited: 21 February 2021, 10:40
Reply to: Banana Wind 150 duck rd
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Southern Shores
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.